Staff: Environmental Aide
Position Number : EA-0121 | Date Updated : February 18th, 2021
Environmental Aide – Casual: As a member of the environmental services team, the Environmental Aide will provide all user departments with adequate linen and patient care items for each 24 hour period Additionally, in-house laundry service for all non-standard linens will be provided as well as preparation of soiled linen for shipment and receive clean linen when delivered. The Environmental Aide will also maintain a clean environment and necessary clean supplies, and participate in Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2021
- Deliver adequate linen and patient care items to all nursing units, daily.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment and practice infection control.
- Unload clean linen from external laundry service, reload soiled linen containers for shipment (weigh all outgoing linen) on a daily basis.
- Sort and restock all linen carts, as per quota; transport all clean linen to user department.
- Deliver additional requests i.e. linen, patient care items, etc. and cleaning supplies
- Support the Occupational Health and Safety Program, make health and safety a part of your daily routine, ensure you are following safe work methods and are complying with relevant legislation.
- Soiled and clean linen handling
- Cleaning and maintaining of patient care and non-patient care areas assigned by the manager
- Dusting and damp mopping patient and non-patient rooms and washrooms
- Dusting, washing and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Wash and make discharged patient beds
- Vacuuming of carpets
- Window cleaning and changing of curtains
- Gathering and disposing of garbage and bio-medical waste
- Cleaning isolation rooms/Terminal cleaning
- Required to use equipment: Auto-scrubber Machine, Burnisher,/project work
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- Must be capable of pushing heavy carts, lifting heavy cartons and frequent bending
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for the majority of the day
- Good communication skills in both oral and written in English
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment