Staff: Senior Financial Analyst - Project
Position Number : SFA-0621 | Date Updated : June 8th, 2021
Senior Financial Analyst – Project – Temporary Full-Time - The function of the Senior Financial Analyst (Project) is to work collaboratively within the various project teams including but limited to Meditech EMR implementation, Runnymede Long Term Care PMO, other Capital Redevelopment project, and Finance department in delivering consistent, accurate, and timely financial and project information while providing excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021 @ 16h00
- Actively participate in the Meditech project Material Management and other financial modules implementation.
- Responsible for data migration strategy: including data extraction, mapping, validation, loading and revaluation post loading.
- Lead the Runnymede Long Term Care construction Project finance: including tracking progress payment, vendor contracts, monthly reporting to the PMO office.
- Responsible for Runnymede Foundation Finance, including but not limited to donation tracking, statutory and internal reporting, tax receipting, treasury function, monthly Financial statement leading to annual financial audit.
- Design and build management reporting by incorporating financial, statistical and clinical volume data to support senior team decision making, program analytics /expansion, and business cases for external funding opportunities.
- Assist annual Case Costing submission and work with other departments in data gathering, loading, validation and submission to Ministry portal.
- Prepare and present educational material to the management team to advise how decision making will impact the hospital’s cost per case.
- Monitor capital acquisitions against plan by providing quarterly status and year-end forecast reports
- Act as the backup to Senior Financial Analyst Planning, budgeting and Decision Support.
- Significantly contribute to the department’s continuous process improvement initiative.
- Other duties/Lean projects as assigned to support departmental and corporate initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- University Degree – Accounting, Business or Commerce. Professional accounting designation (CPA-CGA, CPA-CMA, CPA-CA) required Member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Previous relevant experience in the hospital/healthcare environment .
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards is required.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Enjoys working in a fast pace environment.
- Solid experience in computerized financial programs and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with a positive customer service focus.
- Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Large Integrated Accounting Systems (Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plain is an asset).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to effectively deal with coworkers and external stakeholders.