Availability and content
Social media accounts are managed by Runnymede’s communications department on behalf of all hospital staff. Accounts are monitored and updated by staff during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), Monday to Friday; however, if an issue or an event requires immediate response, a communications staff member will post as soon as possible to keep our community updated.
If you follow us, you can expect to see posts about:
• Hospital programs, initiatives and events;
• Our newsletters, publications and reports;
• New content on our website including job postings;
• General health and wellness information;
• Emergencies or unanticipated events, (live coverage when possible);
• Relevant information from our many partners and stakeholders; and
• Opportunities to provide feedback on specific issues on which we are consulting the public.
Please note: we cannot offer medical advice via social media. For medical information, please contact your doctor or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-000. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
Maintaining a positive atmosphere
In order to ensure a positive experience for all social media users, we ask that interactions are respectful of the Runnymede community and posts are consistent with our policies.
Runnymede reserves the right to modify or remove any message or post that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be:
• Obscene, hateful, abusive, racist, defamatory or disrespectful;
• Personal attacks, insults or threatening language;
• Content in violation of the copyright, trademark right or other intellectual property right of any third party;
• Private, personal information published without consent;
• Comments or hyperlinks not related to the discussion or forum;
• Commercial or political promotions or spam in violation of Runnymede policies;
• And/or otherwise inappropriate.
Where moderation prior to posting is not an option, sites will be regularly monitored by Runnymede staff and users will be blocked if comments are inappropriate.
Runnymede may follow and/or “Like” accounts of various stakeholders and will often retweet or share information from other users or accounts. These actions should not be interpreted as an endorsement of any kind. Please be aware that any content posted by fans/followers of Runnymede does not reflect the opinions and position of the hospital or its employees.
Comments and feedback
We welcome feedback and ideas from all followers and endeavour to join the conversation whenever possible. We do our best to respond to all messages but when that isn’t possible, all are read and any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed onto the appropriate staff member. In the event of a major emerging or live breaking issue, we will respond to as many messages as possible but we may not be able to personally respond to all comments directed to us. In this case, we will address major issues and themes with the wider community.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personal information, such as your phone number, home address or email address in posts that can be viewed by the public.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-762-7316 ext. 2109.