ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED
QUESTIONS (FAQS) ABOUT ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD (EMR) SYSTEMS
WHAT IS AN EMR SYSTEM?
- An EMR system is a digital version of patient records.
- EMRs make it possible for real-time patient information to be available instantly, and securely, to authorized care providers.
WHAT IS CONNECTING CARE?
- Connecting Care is the name given to Runnymede’s EMR system, which launched November 1, 2020.
- It has been developed by Runnymede in cooperation with our partners at Humber River Hospital.
WHY WAS AN EMR IMPLEMENTED?
- The EMR enhances patient safety by facilitating the collection of health data, which supports good clinical decision-making.
- It improves the patient experience by enabling the timely, and accurate, sharing of health information between healthcare providers.
- The EMR at Runnymede plays a key role in strengthening integrated, coordinated care delivery with the hospital’s partners.
- It simplifies a patient’s ability to navigate between care settings, as they move through their care journeys.
For more information about Runnymede’s new EMR system, please visit www.runnymedehc.ca.