COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
March 06, 2020
Runnymede continues to follow all recommended appropriate measures related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The hospital has taken many steps to address the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors, and will continue to monitor the situation.
In relation to COVID-19, the Government of Canada Travel Advisory has provided health notices for travel outside the country.
Upon return to Canada, if you or your family member or anyone you have close contact with have traveled to or had a stopover in one of these affected places:
- For 14 days, monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing and avoid places where you can not easily separate yourself from others if you become ill.
- To further protect those around you, wash your hands often and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
The health and safety of our patients remains our top priority, so Runnymede Healthcare Centre has a plan in place.
Please note, the best way to prevent the risk of transmission of the flu and other respiratory illness is to avoid being exposed to the viruses. Please follow Runnymede’s standard infection prevention measures including:
- Do not visit the hospital when you are ill. Please re-schedule for when you are well
- Get an annual flu vaccine (for flu only)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Avoid crowds when possible
We will continue to keep our website updated and will advise if any additional precautions become necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
For more information please visit:
- Ontario Ministry of Health (updated each weekday)
- Toronto Public Health
- Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory